May 20, 2017

Reminiscing the blues

With this year's event well underway it's timely to share these words and reflect on the moments that were...



With the full moon rising over the 2016 Blues on Broadbeach the location is the Envy bar for some playful sounds from Mitch King and life couldn't be more percussively sublime. This multi instrumentalist delights the audience with his foot tapping folky blues and roots blended performance.

Staggering crowds pack the streets and come alive with the echo of harmonicas and soul felt blues elation over this four day experience. Thousands revel at the Surf stage as Owen Campbell takes us on a journey featuring his skills on the lap steel slide guitar and a voice that leaves you wanting more.



Music veterans Bondi Cigars enticed us into the night with their compelling tight and savvy set surrounded by the city lights and had us literally dancing in the street.

In the words of Felicity Lawless, who rocked the afternoon set on the Park Stage "the only thing bluesy about me is sometimes my mood".


As vibrant, well organised and entertaining the festival was I think Im with Felicity on this one as I return home and crank Triple J. I love a great harmonica set - but if I hear one more this week I swear I will self combust!


No comments:

Music is my best friend

An Interview with Musician Leif Morris When he’s not surfing, skateboarding or hanging out in nature, you'll find Leif creating fresh...