March 01, 2013

Writing, Publishing and Dreamweaver too...

Hectic happenings here this week!

Trust a full moon to add a bit of chaos in my world. Must admit I love it!

Firstly a catch up in Web Design land. Dreamweaver has given me some light at the end of this HTML coding tunnel... or maybe I've now had the light bulb moment. Either way Dreamweaver where have you been all my life ;) Once again Adobe Creative Suite you rock my world!
A massive achievement this week with JavaScript that a few weeks ago I would have never dreamed of....let alone attempted. The latest assignment to create a times table drill and generate for the user random numbers and provide the correct answers. Definitely a challenge but guess what it works!! I'll just lift my jaw off the floor now. Im sure any of you who are familiar with HTML will relate to that feeling the first time it all fell into place for you, I would love to hear your stories. My 7 year old is loving the times table drill as he can practice his homework on it- who knew it would be useful too.

Graphic Design projects have provided me with a broad spectrum of customers from one end of Australia to the other this week. From a packaging label for an isolated Island off Tasmania to a poster and print ad for a diving business in Tropical North Queensland. Gotta love the diversity and new concepts that appear daily through fresh new designs....did I mention I love my job!

Yesterday I was also lucky enough to spend some time with Marian Edmunds from The Writing Business for some insight on writing & publishing.  As one of many great authors featured in City-Pick New York, literary travel anthology and Co-author of Navigational Tips For Living In An Imperfect World (We're all right as we are, if only we knew it!) Marian provided some interesting tips for writing and publishing book/s.

Hot tips for writing & publishing :
  • If someone asks what is your book is about be able to tell them in a few sentences. You never know who you are about to meet.
  • Know your characters. What is their objective and their role in the story.
  • Publishing agencies should be approached with a strong synopsis including a genre that you see your book fitting into and preferably a finished book.
  • If your book is rejected dont take it personally, edit, edit again and keeping trying.
That said it is with fresh inspiration I will attack the weeks ahead.
Hope that you have learnt something through my ramblings and leave me smiling or thinking.


Graffix by Tracey
graffixbytracey@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Beverley said...

I am smiling and thinking!

Graffix said...

Great Beverley! Thanks for letting me know that I have reached you through cyberpace :)

Music is my best friend

An Interview with Musician Leif Morris When he’s not surfing, skateboarding or hanging out in nature, you'll find Leif creating fresh...